Monday 13 February 2012

MY diary is finished!

phew! (for now at least) you can read about a year in my life in full colour here

Highlights include having a baby, letting my eyes go out of focus on a cushion, eating an ice cream in plattfields park, going to blackpool and morcambe and cutting my hair.

hope you enjoy! and if you would like to publish it into a book please let me know. by the way it is all drawn inside one sketchbook and it fills it perfectly cover to cover, 11th feb 2011 - 10th feb 2012.

I would recommend doing something like this to anyone, drawing every day like this has made me develop a great disipline. It has helped me to get quick at drawing and to not spend ages worrying about what I am drawing or writing, just get on with it, which has produced results that I am really pleased with.

Other rule ideas to try:
1. write a poem every day for a month, however good or bad it is just write it, at the end of the month you will have a book of good and bad poems.
2. set an alarm clock and draw something on a new a4 piece of paper for the first minute in every hour for 24 hours.
3. draw 100 people before you go to bed tonight (and every night?!)
4. go for a walk to the same place each day and take a picture of all the red things you see on monday, orange things on tuesday, etc until you have a rainbow at the end of the week (I like this one)
5. draw everything that you eat

Also it has helped me to get comfortable with drawing people. I have been an artist for quite some time now, and I don't know why but it feels very important that I have finally learned this skill, I highly recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment